Did you know that flooding is not covered under your homeowners insurance policy? Flood insurance is a separate type of insurance designed to protect your investment from potential losses due to a flood. If you are a resident looking for flood insurance in Miramar, Hollywood, Cooper City, Davie, Plantation or any other South Broward County community an ENG Insurance agent can help you protect your property against a flood.
Broward Flood Insurance
Flood Insurance in Miramar, Hollywood, Cooper City and Davie, Plantation & Weston, Florida
Flood Insurance in Miramar,
Hollywood, Cooper City and Davie,
Plantation & Weston, Florida.
Living in Florida, a flood is typical, so you may think you do. Flood insurance is only required if you live in a flood zone. Some flood zones have greater risks than others. Regardless of flood zones we recommend all of our clients to have flood insurance to protect their property. Florida is a high risk state for flooding. If you have questions about your flood zone, contact one of our professional agents.
What qualifies as a flood?
Water covering at lease 2 acres of land that’s normally dry, or has to have damaged two or more properties, including your home. Also water has to come from overflowing inland or tidal waters; unusual, rapid accumulation or runoff of surface water from any source; or mudflow.
What is covered?
- Essential systems in the home: electrical and plumbing systems, water heaters, central air conditioners, heat pumps and sump pumps. It also includes cisterns and the water in them, fuel tanks and fuel in them, solar energy equipment, water tanks, and pumps.
- Appliances: Refrigerators, ranges, and built in appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines.
- Carpeting and window treatments
- Permanently installed paneling, cabinets, bookcases
- Foundation walls and anchorage systems
- Personal property
- Other coverage
What is not covered?
- Damage caused by moisture, mildew, or mold that was not attributed by a flood
- Additional living expenses, such as hotel expenses or temporary housing expenses while the home is being repaired
- Property or any belongings outside of the insured property
- Automobiles or their parts
- Other exclusions
If you have questions regarding what is covered and what is not covered under flood insurance, please contact us. Our dedicated agents have extensive knowledge for residents throughout in Miramar, Hollywood, Cooper City and Davie, Plantation & Weston, Florida and neighboring cities.
Get A Quote
Please contact us with questions and to set-up an appointment for a free insurance quote by filling out the form below or giving us a call.
Contact us & Get A Free Quote Today.
We make sure that your insurance needs are covered for today and in the future.